I know what you’re thinking—that title sounds like a lot of foods that don’t go together. You’d be wrong, though. Say hello to your new favorite salad. This is one of our favorite meals for when the weather is beginning to warm. The curry and roasted cauliflower are perfect for a chilly spring evening, but the grapes and dressing add a fun, summer twist. It’s super simple, requires just a handful of ingredients, and is easily prepped in advance. Whether you’re planning this week’s lunch or want to shake up your weekday dinner routine, this salad is an excellent choice.
The best part? This salad is insanely healthy. A serving is just 400 calories but packs almost 11 grams of protein. Summer is a great time to focus on health, and this salad can be a step along the way.
- 1 head cauliflower (cut into bite-sized florets)
- 1 ½ tablespoon oil (olive, avocado, vegetable, or coconut)
- 1 ½ tablespoon curry powder
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 5-6 cups mixed greens (kale, spinach, lettuce—it’s your choice)
- 1 cup cooked lentils, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup halved red grapes
- Cilantro to taste
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or brown sugar
- 4 ½ tablespoons curry paste (store-bought is great)
- Water to thin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- To prepare the cauliflower, preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Toss cauliflower in a mixing bowl with oil, curry powder, and sea salt. Pour onto baking sheet and roast for 20-25 minutes.
- To prepare the dressing, add the curry paste, tahini, lemon juice, maple syrup, salt, and pepper to a mixing bowl. Whisk to combine. This mixture will be very thick—thin to your desired texture/thickness with water, until it is pourable.
- Add lettuce to large serving bowl and top with lentils, grapes, and cooked cauliflower. Toss with dressing and serve with cilantro.